Butt Kapinski is coming back to Vancouver with Butt Kapinski: Dick on the Loose November 3-5. Maybe you’ve seen Butt before, and maybe you haven’t, either way, Butt wants to see you.
(as written by Deanna Fleysher, Butt’s alter ego)
2 reasons to see Butt Kapinski: Dick On The Loose if you have already seen Butt Kapinski.
1) IT’S A NEW MYSTERY! You’ve seen Butt crack some pretty tough cases, but this journey into the dark heart of Vancouver’s satanic subculture will leave you higher than goofballs or boogie-woogie.
2) Butt’s sophomore attempt at crafting a film noir is even more problematic than the first! Expect the kind of is-it-a-comedy-or-is-it-a-sociology-experiment awkwardness you only feel at a Butt show!!
2 reasons to see Butt Kapinski: Dick On The Loose if you have never seen Butt Kapinski.
1) It’s the right time of year to challenge your notions of how you define experimental theatre, gendered spectatorship, nuanced hegemony, flipflooped problematization, or neckties.
2) It’s a good time to be indoors.
2 reasons not to see Butt Kapinski in any way whatsoever.
1) You don’t like laughing and you definitely don’t like fun, weird little shows that other people you like or would like seem to like a great deal.
2) You’re busy those nights. Sucks for you! No, seriously, I hope your life is going awesomely let’s have a mocha.
Butt Kapinski: Dick on the Loose is on November 3-5 at the Grant D. Burnyeat Rehearsal Hall at the BMO Theatre Centre, located at 162 West 1st Ave. Make sure to enter through the Timmie Marr Lounge Door, closest to JJ Bean, off West 1st. This is a small venue, so be sure to get your tickets early!